Sunday, February 24, 2008

Some pictures from the last few weeks







I took these photos with my Kodak digital, using the manual settings. I haven't been real happy with the quality of the photos that I have been getting with it. Some are just fine, but it is really sensitive to the type of light around. Because of the lighting issues I have ended up with some photos that were just really bad quality. I think I am going to switch to my Nikon 35mm for the next round of photos.

So at the top is a friend of mine named Jeff. I took the photo of his eyebrow piercing. I also got a few shots of his tattoos but wasn't happy with the quality of them so I didn't post them.

The next photo is my friend Sami Kay's back tattoo that she had done over the summer. Its her first tattoo but I doubt it will be her last.

The middle photo is of a butterfly tattoo on my co-worker Kelli's back. This is one of five tattoos that she has. I liked this photo even though you couldn't see more of her.

The last two photos are of one of my tattoos. It was my first one and was done about ten years ago. In the first photo I liked that the tattoo was really clear. The last one isn't really clear of the tattoo but I thought it was an interesting photo anyway.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!, I'm impressed! I like that you did not put any focus on the face of the person, in the tatt shoots, i feel like the story the tatt is much stronger without that person staring back at you, and it almost adds some mystery to it for me. Anyway, i like them, even if i'm not very good at spelling, or saying what i mean, i'm sure you get it anyway! Keep up the good work, can't wait to see more! oh and by the way i left that advise for you under my comments on accident, so just look there.

Ashley said...

I like the images of your own tattoo! You'll have to get someone to shoot the one on your back. I'm sure over the course of the semester you'll get to see some pretty bitchin work!